Greetings, MN DFL Senate District 60 (“SD60”) 2020 Delegates and Alternates:
Please review the details below regarding the 2020 SD60 Endorsing Convention process, as recently amended by the DFL State Executive Committee due to the COVID-19 Virus situation. Most importantly:
(1) The 2020 Convention voting process will be by email, phone or U.S. Mail only—with NO in-person participation;
(2) All SD60 Convention Alternates will be upgraded to Delegates—so everyone elected at their Precinct Caucus to be a Delegate OR Alternate for the SD60 Convention will vote on the convention business.
All SD60 Delegates will be sent an official ballot to complete and return between April 25 and May 5, 2020. The balloting will include three critical Agenda items:
(1) Endorsement of SD60 2020 State Senate and MN House member seats;
(2) Selection of MN DFL Congressional District 5 (“CD5”) Delegates, who may also run at the CD5 Convention for a 2020 MN DFL State Convention Delegate position; and
(3) Consideration of 58 Resolutions as originally passed by each local Precinct Caucus and processed by the SD60 Resolutions Committee for balloting.
All other business normally conducted at the Senate District Convention will be postponed.
TO RECEIVE YOUR BALLOT ON TIME AND WITH ACCURATE INFORMATION, FOLLOW THIS LINK https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UUx1GdORsaBA_v7rtDtKmpsVUfWtpOc23s-zcN_axTo/edit,
AND FILL OUT A VERY SHORT FORM REQUESTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
• Name (correct spelling) • Mailing address
• E-mail address • Phone number
• Gender identity • Preferred Voting Method
(female, male, non-binary, other) (online, phone, or U.S. mail)
• Do you want to run for a CD5/State Convention Delegate Position? If YES, provide the following:
– Presidential Preference — Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, or Elizabeth Warren
(You may only select a preference candidate that received Minnesota delegates from the March 3rd Primary).
– Submit a few sentences (maximum 500 characters) on why you should be elected as a CD5/State Convention Delegate.
DEADLINE: SUBMIT THE COMPLETED FORM BY SATURDAY, APRIL 11, 2020.
Finally – We need funds to GET OUT THE VOTE and SUPPORT OUR ENDORSED CANDIDATES for the very important upcoming election. More reason to appreciate and honor our former REP. DIANE LOEFFLER — To help SD60 with its vital work, the Loeffler Campaign Committee has graciously agreed to MATCH THE CONTRIBUTIONS we receive during the Endorsing Convention period, up to $10,000!
SO PLEASE DOUBLE YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SD60 THROUGH THIS LINK:
Thanks for your cooperation and your support for SD60 and our indispensable DFL values!
MN DFL Senate District 60 Executive Committee
Marcus Mills, Chair
Maleah Otterson, Secretary
Sonja Peterson, Treasurer
Will Tully, Acting Outreach & Inclusion Officer