60A Special Election
Due to the unfortunate passing of Representative Diane Loeffler, a special election has been called to fill the vacancy of House District 60A.
A Special Primary has been scheduled for January 21st, 2020.
A Special Election has been scheduled for February 4th, 2020.
Additional Information can be found on the Secretary of State’s website.
SD 60 facilitated a candidate forum on January 11th, at Edison High School.
An archive of this forum is available in two parts.
We are extremely thankful to the The Uptake for recording our candidate forum. Please support The Uptake and help continue their important work. Donate here.
We asked all DFL filed candidates to complete a questionnaire. Below are the collected responses.
SD60 Central Committee Meeting
Thursday, January 23rd
University Lutheran Church of Hope
601 13th Ave SE
1. Consideration of endorsement of the Jan. 21 DFL Primary Election winner
2. Election of SD60 CC Associate Chair (non-male)
Our by-laws provide that the Associate Chair has the following duties:
1. Advise and assist the Chair however possible;
2. Act as Chair whenever the incumbent is absent or under a disability; and
3. Represent the Senate District on the State Central Committee and the Congressional District Executive Committee.
If you would like to be nominated as Associate Chair or know of other SD60 Democrats who would serve us well as our Associate Chair, please forward their names and contact info to Sonja Peterson at email@example.com, or nominate them at our meeting on Jan. 23rd.